Valentine’s Day is a great opportunity to celebrate those you love and appreciate. You can make it a special day of friendship and love for anyone by following the unique ideas below. This applies to children, friends, or your significant other.
Fun Activities for Valentine’s Day
- Go ice or roller skating
- Go to a comedy show
- Go to a coffee shop and bring a deck of cards
- Go hiking or snowshoeing
- Go to brunch
- Try something new (horseback riding, indoor skydiving)
- Make sugar cookies
- Have a movie night and themed dinner at home
- Recreate your first date (or another special moment)
- Take a tour of an unexplored town or venue
- Sign up for a cooking class
- Have a ‘remembering night’ where you pull out old pictures, videos, and mementos
- Volunteer together at a soup kitchen or animal shelter
- Make a fire and enjoy some s’mores
- Hit up a food truck and explore your city
Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas
The Start of Us Star Map
Take it back to the beginning and capture memorable moments forever with a print of the night sky where it all began. That goes for weddings, birthdays, or any special date. Check out the following sites for ideas:
100 Movies Scratch Off Poster
If they enjoy watching movies, this gift will help mix things up. Uncommongoods.com has a solid list of movie classics, or there are a variety of options on amazon.com.
Custom Photo Puzzle
Create a custom puzzle collage of your favorite moments and enjoy working on it together. If separated by distance, order two copies. When finished you can have it framed.
Carry-on Suitcase with Travel Arrangements
Maybe it’s time to go on that trip they’ve been dreaming of, or just have a fun weekend away. Book those tickets and find an inexpensive carry-on to aid in the surprise. Then reveal where you’re headed or keep it a surprise (you may want to include a list of things they’ll want to bring).
If you decide on traditional candies or gifts, prepare a scavenger hunt to add some excitement. The following links have free printable templates and can be modified for children or adults: