Content provided by the Health & Wellness Team at GBS Benefits
With the obligations and unexpected needs of day-to-day life, it is important to take purposeful steps to maintain and restore your personal well-being.
Practicing self-care is an essential and replenishing act that can benefit your happiness, stress-levels, and overall productivity. Self-care = Self-love. It is not selfish to focus on self-care, rather a method to nourish your body, mind, and soul. Keep it simple with these tips and take care!
- Join the “ParkRX” and “forest bathing” movements – enjoy a walk, hike, or bike ride outdoors. Learn more at https://www.parkrx.org/ and https://www.theparkcatalog.com/blog/forest-bathing-park/.
- Try a new workout class in-person, through an online resource, or by using a free app.
- Dance your heart out.
- Challenge yourself to cook a new and nutritious recipe.
- Stick to a sleep schedule.
- Take a 5-minute stretch break.
- Declutter your desk, closet, or computer folders.
- Meal prep for the upcoming week.
- Clean out personal spaces, including your car and work area.
- Establish a morning and evening routine.
- Make a budget and check in weekly to track your progress.
- Make a daily or weekly gratitude list.
- Practice positive self-talk or leave words of encouragement on sticky notes.
- Light a candle and practice a new form of meditation.
- Go stargazing, watch a sunset, or simply be in nature.
- Listen to music or a podcast.
- Take a break from technology and read a book.
- Learn a new language or skill.
- Explore museums around the world with a virtual museum tour at https://www.parents.com/syndication/museums-with-virtual-tours/
- Sharpen your mind with brain puzzles or games.
- Take time to journal and self-reflect.
- Verbalize and talk about your feelings with a friend or loved one.
- Watch your favorite movie or TV show to unwind.
- Treat yourself to an at-home spa day.
- Take five minutes to practice mindful breathing.
- Call a friend or family member to catch up.
- Write a thank you note to a family member, friend, or co-worker.
- Share a device-free dinner with family.
- Join a live workout with a local gym.
- Start or join an online book club.