This position supports specified accounts and may provide relevant insurance advice to new and existing clients. As a representative of the Leavitt Group, the Account Manager must maintain a positive, professional image as well as exemplify the department’s standards for client service.
The Account Manager must have a working understanding of the range of products and services offered and strive to develop long-term relationships with clients and underwriters. The position is responsible for interacting with prospective clients as well as providing ongoing support and service to existing clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review new and renewal policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations, etc. (Per CSR ability).
- Call on clients and new business prospects to deliver proposals, new and renewal policies, to explain coverage and to suggest additions or changes in an insurance program. Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Complete applications and forward to CSA/CSR or insurance carrier with binding instructions for remarket or new business.
- Coordinating marketing and quotation process along with identifying and targeting new business lines for existing clients. Involve Marketing and CSA/R as needed.
- Make recommendations to existing clients on account rounding when appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance coverages and exposures and the insurance products and markets available to cover exposures.
- Assist clients/policyholders to resolve insurance claim issues in the event of a loss.
- Review and adhere to processing procedures in order to incorporate the capabilities of the system into the daily work flow.
- Follow the department’s procedures for processing and preparation of customer correspondence, certificate of insurance, binders, cancellation request, insurance I.D. cards and internal correspondence as requested ensuring the activities and follow-ups are set and the client file in the agency management systems is updated and consistent.
- Achieve the new business, cross sell and up sell goals.
- Attend Team meetings and take educational classes.
- Anticipate, meet and/or exceed customer needs, wants and expectations.
- Demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- Take initiative in learning and implementing new concepts, technologies and/or methods.
- Write clearly, and understandably
- Effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to clients and associates.
- Able to convince others to change the way they think, believe or behave.
- Energetically focus efforts on meeting goals and objectives.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy forms, customer contracts, lease agreements etc.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions and percentages.
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in insurance coupled with a current Insurance License.
- Experience with AMS 360
Or contact Dale Matthews: firstname.lastname@example.org