Business Insurance

Do I Need a Commercial Auto Insurance Policy?

There are significant differences between auto insurance policies for individuals and businesses. Here are a few tips to help determine which is right for you:

  • Who is registered on the vehicle? If it is registered in the name of the business, you need commercial auto insurance.
  • How is the vehicle used? If you or your employees use the vehicle for business purposes, then you need a commercial policy. Even personal cars may need commercial auto coverage if used frequently for business purposes.
  • What type of vehicle is it? The vehicle type and weight are factors in determining what type of insurance you need. Vehicles heavier than a regular pickup truck or SUV (such as tow trucks, dump trucks, box trucks, food trucks, service / utility vehicles, and semi trucks) will require a commercial auto policy.

Contact your Leavitt Group insurance agent for help determining what type of insurance is right for your situation.
Leavitt Group—national strength, local trust. Leavitt Group is the 14th largest independently held insurance brokerage in the United States. We pride ourselves on our experience and ability to help our clients succeed. Contact an agency near you